Ekobot created this robot to remove weed from an onion field, on an eco-friendly way. The robot consist of a basic combination of a camera, computer processor and actuator. Doing thousands and thousands of strikes, to remove all the field on a mechanical way from the field.
Key characteristics of the Ekobot robot:
- Purpose: Detect onions to remain, weeds to remove
- Drivetrain: 4WD electrical power
- Steering: All wheels can steer, including turn on its axis
- Batteries: LiFePO4 batteries
- Navigation: Trimble RTK GPS automatic drive and autonomous navigation
- Speed: Up to 1 kmh working, up to approx. 6 kmh transport
- Capacity: Target field up to 10 hectares
- Connections: 4G, WiFi
Model on the picture as a 2.00m mid-to-mid-wheel size.